The Exploratory Enrichment service facilitates experiences that extend beyond traditional classroom instruction. Western Suffolk BOCES coordinates schedules and contracts for K-12 presentations, workshops, in-school programs and field trips. Member districts can choose from an array of service providers whose programs reinforce NYS Learning Standards with content not found in standard classroom coursework. Through this program, BOCES will:
- Maintain a database of enrichment activities by topic and grade level;
- Facilitate searches initiated by school personnel or parent-teacher representatives who seek appropriate sites for field trips, guest speakers or workshop presenters to provide enrichment experiences for students in K-12;
- Encourage the sharing of information between BOCES and schools by moderating a Facebook page for Exploratory Enrichment.
- Screen and evaluate programs for suitability as enrichment activities for different grade levels;
- Coordinate the scheduling of Exploratory Enrichment activities held in school buildings;
- Include a coordinating fee
Ideas for Exploratory Enrichment Programs
We have helped districts plan enriching experiences for their students on the topics listed below. Just click on the topic and you will find descriptions (and links to websites) of specific programs listed by grade level. If you have a need, an idea, or special topic, just call us and we will help with the research and planning!
|Anti-Bullying||Math, Science & Technology|
|Career Development & Occupational Studies||Motivational Speakers|
|Conferences & Programs||Social Studies|
|Disability Awareness||Team Building|