How do I apply to Surgical Technology?
Applicants for the Surgical Technology Program are required to take the TEAS pre-entrance exam which tests essential academic skills.
- Register for the TEAS with ATI Testing.
- Select Western Suffolk BOCES as the receiving institution.
- Contact the Health Careers Office at 631-271-3721 x220 to confirm that your results have been received.
- A score of 50% or higher is required in each section to continue the application process.
TEAS exam results will be reviewed by Western Suffolk BOCES and you will be notified if you qualify for admission. Once notified, you may begin the application process, which is as follows:
- Request official high school and college transcripts to be sent directly to the Surgical Technology Office: Western Suffolk BOCES, 152 Laurel Hill Road, Northport, NY 11768
- Provide three (3) letters of recommendation: two professional references and one personal reference
- Submit a completed program application form with non-refundable application fee of $60 by certified check or money order payable to Western Suffolk BOCES
- Submit a writing sample
- Sit for a personal interview with a member of the Western Suffolk BOCES Admissions Committee.
The School of Surgical Technology reserves the right to deny admission based upon failure to complete admission requirements.
Program details and policies are described in full in the Surgical Technology Handbook. Read carefully.