The following information is only applicable to students enrolled in Western Suffolk BOCES Full-Time Programs for Adults (Automotive Technical Training, Aviation Maintenance Training, Central Service Technician, Cosmetology, Diagnostic Medical Technology, Esthetics, Practical Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Surgical Technology).
For a student to whom no state or federal or special Program fund policy applies, and who chooses to cancel this agreement, the school shall apply the refund stated below.
If Western Suffolk BOCES closes, current students shall receive a pro-rata refund of tuition.
All extra costs, such as uniforms for all programs, cosmetology kits, and state licensing fees which are not included in the tuition price are not refundable.
REFUND DUE DATES:
- If an applicant never attends class (no-show) or cancels the contract prior to the class start date, all refunds due will be made within forty-five (45) calendar days of the first scheduled day or class or the date of cancellation, whichever is earlier.
- For an enrolled student, the refund due will be calculated using the last date of attendance (LDA) and be paid within forty-five (45) calendar days from the documented date of determination (DOD). The date of determination is the date the student gives written or verbal notice of withdrawal to the institution or the date the institution terminates the student, by applying the institution’s attendance, conduct or Satisfactory Progress Policy.
- A student on an approved leave of absence notifies the school that he or she will not be returning. The last date of the leave is used as the termination date.
REJECTION AND CANCELLATION BEFORE THE START OF CLASS:
- If an applicant is rejected for enrollment by an institution, a full refund of all tuition’s monies paid will be made to the applicant with 45 days of the planned start date.
- If an institution cancels a program subsequent to a student’s enrollment, the institution will refund all monies paid by the applicant within 45 days of the planned start date.
- If an applicant accepted by the institution cancels prior to the start of scheduled classes or never attends class (no-show), the institution will refund all monies paid, less a maximum application fee of $100.
WITHDRAWAL OR TERMINATION AFTER THE START OF CLASS:
- During the first week of classes, tuition charges are withheld will not exceed ten percent (10%) of the stated tuition up to a maximum of $500. When determining the number of weeks completed by the student, the institution will consider a partial week the same as if a whole week were completed, provided the student was present at least one day of the scheduled week.
- After the first week and through fifty percent (50%) of the period of training and financial obligation, tuition charges retained will not exceed a pro rata portion of tuition for the training period completed, plus ten percent (10%) of the unearned tuition for the period of training that was not completed.
- After fifty percent (50%) of the period of financial obligation is completed, the institution retains the full tuition.
|PERCENTAGE TIME TO
TOTAL TIME OF COURSE
|AMOUNT OF TOTAL TUITION
OWED TO THE SCHOOL
|First week of classes||10% of total stated tuition up to a maximum of $500|
|Second week through 50% of course||Pro-rated portion of the period of time completed plus 10% of the balance due for the period of time that was not completed.|
|After 50% of the course is completed||Full tuition|