Get the answers to all your questions about taking a class in the adult education program that Western Suffolk BOCES offers!
Western Suffolk BOCES is committed to honoring the privacy of students and visitors. Read more.
Save time and money by ordering required textbooks online from the virtual bookstore. Textbooks are sold at a discount and shipped right to your home. (Remember, there’s no software to buy!). Textbooks are needed for your first class.
Go to Bookstore. Then, find the name of the class you are taking and follow the link to purchase. All workbooks must be purchased as new.
Refund policies and shipping times are determined by each vendor and will vary. Neither Western Suffolk BOCES nor Wilson Technological Center assume responsibility, either real or implied, for your transaction. In the event a class is canceled for any reason or you decide to withdraw from the class, students are responsible for textbook returns and any refunds available to them. If you have any questions about the textbook for your class, call (631) 667-6000 x320.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
For a student to whom no state or federal or special Program fund policy applies, and who chooses to cancel this agreement, the school shall apply the refund stated below.
If Western Suffolk BOCES closes, current students shall receive a pro-rata refund of tuition.
All extra costs, such as uniforms for all programs, cosmetology kits and state licensing fees which are not included in the tuition price are non-refundable.
REFUND DUE DATES:
- If an applicant never attends class (no-show) or cancels the contract prior to the class start date, all refunds due will be made within forty-five (45) calendar days of the first scheduled day of class or the date of cancellation, whichever is earlier.
- For an enrolled student, the refund due will be calculated using the last date of attendance (LDA) and be paid within forty-five (45) calendar days from the documented date of determination (DOD). The date of determination is the date the student gives written or verbal notice of withdrawal to the institution or the date the institution terminates the student, by applying the institution’s attendance, conduct or Satisfactory Progress Policy.
- A student on an approved leave of absence notifies the school that he or she will not be returning. The last date of the leave is used as the termination date.
REJECTION AND CANCELLATION BEFORE THE START OF CLASS:
- If an applicant is rejected for enrollment by an institution, a full refund of all tuition monies paid will be made to the applicant within 45 days of the planned start date.
- If an institution cancels a program subsequent to a student’s enrollment, the institution will refund all monies paid by the applicant within 45 days of the planned start date.
- If an applicant accepted by the institution cancels prior to the start of scheduled classes or never attends class (no-show), the institution will refund all monies paid, less a maximum application fee of $100.
WITHDRAWAL OR TERMINATION AFTER THE START OF CLASS:
- During the first week of classes, tuition charges withheld will not exceed ten percent (10%) of the stated tuition up to a maximum of $500. When determining the number of weeks completed by the student, the institution will consider a partial week the same as if a whole week were completed, provided the student was present at least one day during the scheduled week.
- After the first week and through fifty percent (50%) of the period of training and financial obligation, tuition charges retained will not exceed a pro rata portion of tuition for the training period completed, plus ten percent (10%) of the unearned tuition for the period of training that was not completed.
- After fifty percent (50%) of the period of financial obligation is completed, the institution may retain the full tuition.
Western Suffolk BOCES has developed procedures for adults to follow in regard to disciplinary actions, suspensions, unfavorable evaluations and dismissals related to programs/services for adults. The goal is to secure as rapidly and equitably as possible a resolution to the grievance.
Read Policy 6570 which outlines the procedures to file a grievance or appeal a decision of an issue under dispute. A copy can also be obtained from your instructor or program administrator.
Upon the completion of a course, you may request an “Employee Tuition Reimbursement Letter” from Western Suffolk BOCES. The letter will be mailed directly to your employer. To request a letter, please complete the following form and press the submit button. Allow 2 – 3 weeks to receive the letter.