To provide an environment for radiography students to become qualified and competent radiologic technologists in a healthcare setting. We join with the healthcare community to provide post associate degree level education to individuals and to encourage the students toward life-long education.
Goal #1 – The student/graduate will be clinically competent.
- Students will provide appropriate patient care
- Students will demonstrate clinical competency appropriate to their level of clinical experience
- Students will perform all exams safely
- Students will produce quality diagnostic images
Goal #2 – The student/graduate will demonstrate professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the importance of professionalism
- Students will demonstrate a professional behavior
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of patient confidentiality (HIPAA)
Goal #3 – The student/graduate will demonstrate effective communication.
- Student will use oral communication skills effectively with healthcare professionals and patients
- Student will demonstrate effective presentation skills
- Student will display effective written skills
Goal #4 – The student/graduate will demonstrate effective critical thinking skills.
- Students will be able to modify routine procedures for non-routine patients
- Students will effectively analyze and critique diagnostic images to determine if corrective action is required
- Students/graduates will acquire critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities that enhance their clinical experience