- To be admitted to the BOCES School of Aviation Maintenance Technology, a student must first meet one of the following criteria:
- Proof of a U.S. high school diploma or GED
- If from a war torn country, a self-certifying letter
- If credentials are from another country, an authorized evaluation of credentials
- To be successful in the BOCES Aviation Maintenance Technology program, students should have a keen interest in aviation, an aptitude for hands-on tasks, an ability to follow directions, and an inclination to pay careful attention to details.
- An interview with a career counselor is required prior to enrollment. After individual counseling and review of the student’s ability to succeed, a counselor may recommend a period of remediation before entry into the program. Call 631-752-1957 for the required pre-admission interview.
- Must earn a successful score on the Math and Reading Test prior to enrollment.
Program details and policies are described in full in the Aviation Maintenance Technology Handbook, which is provided to students upon enrollment. Read carefully.