1. To be admitted to the BOCES’ Automotive Technical Training program, a student must first earn a successful score on the Test of Basic Education (TABE). The TABE test covers basic math computation and reading comprehension.
2. A student must meet one of the following criteria:
a. Proof of a U.S. high school diploma or GED®
b. If from a war torn country, a self-certifying letter
c. An authorized evaluation of credentials if credentials are from another country
3. Personal interview. After individual counseling and review of the student’s ability to suc-ceed, a counselor may recommend a period of remediation before entry into the program.
4. New students must attend a 4-hour safety orientation before beginning this program.
• Applications are accepted throughout the year. New students may begin on the first day of most modules.
• Adults must receive a successful score on the Test of Basic Education (TABE) test. The test covers basic math computation and reading comprehension.
• Call (631) 261-3863 for an appointment to schedule your TABE test and an assessment with a career counselor.
Programs details and policies are described in full in the Automotive Technical Training Handbook. Read carefully.