- To be admitted to BOCES School of Cosmetology, a student must first meet one of the following criteria:
- Proof of a U.S. high school diploma or GED
- If from a war torn country, a self-certifying letter
- If credentials are from another country, an authorized evaluation of credentials
- An interview with a career counselor is also required prior to enrollment. After individual counseling and review of the student’s ability to succeed, a counselor may recommend a period of remediation before entry into the program. Call 631-261-3863 for the required pre-admission interview.
Program details and policies are described in full in the School of Cosmetology Handbook. Read carefully.